Occupational Therapy helps your child develop age appropriate independence in daily life skills, fine motor coordination, and integration of sensory information. Our team of Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants are specially trained to deliver Occupational Therapy services to children of all ages with a variety of conditions. We offer Occupational Therapy in Danville, Martinsville, and Lynchburg, Virginia.
Who we help
Occupational Therapy can benefit children who need to develop or regain skills necessary to:
- Perform activities of daily living, such as grooming, bathing, dressing, self-feeding, cleaning, etc.
- Perform fine motor tasks, such as manipulating buttons or zippers, tying shoes, etc.
- Increase upper-extremity muscle strength, range of motion, coordination and endurance
- Improve handwriting
- Increase attention, self-awareness, and safety
- Improve sensory information processing
How we help
We utilize the following methods and programs to provide occupational therapy services:
- Activities of daily living training
- Adaptive device training
- Aquatic therapy
- Behavioral modifications
- Developmental hand skills
- Fine motor activities
- Getting It Write: A unique handwriting program geared towards identifying underlying components contributing to poor handwriting and targeting those areas .
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Infinity Walk
- Sensory Integration
- Social skills training
- Therapeutic exercise
- Visual motor and perceptual training