The Center for Pediatric Therapies is interested in hiring individuals who hold a credential as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and/or Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) for consulting or employed positions (part-time or full-time) to be based at our locations in Danville, Martinsville, South Boston, or Lynchburg, Virginia.
Status: Contract or Employed; Full-time or Part-time
The Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) is responsible for the assessment of referred patients to include responsibilities as specified by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board:
- Conducts descriptive and systematic behavioral assessments, including functional analyses, and provides behavior analytic interpretations of the results
- Designs and supervises behavior analytic interventions
- Able to effectively develop and implement appropriate assessment and intervention methods for use in unfamiliar situations and for a range of cases
- Seeks the consultation of more experienced practitioners when necessary
- Teaches others to carry out ethical and effective behavior analytic interventions based on published research and designs and delivers instruction in behavior analysis.
- Supervises the work of Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analysts and/or others who implement behavior analytic interventions as appropriate
- Identify, develop and implement program models that meet IEP objectives.
- Conduct Functional Behavioral Assessments (in the home, school, and/or community)
- Create, develop, and or adjust individualized Behavioral Modification plans as needed.
- Create, develop, and or adjust ABA programs, for assigned clients, in the school, clinic, and home-based settings
- Assure client programs and data collection systems are appropriate and effective.
- Assess client progress and response in regards to their behavior plans, assist staff with implementation of changes to curriculum as needed.
- Supervise client specific ABA programs in the school, clinic, and home-based settings.
- Develop and implement systems that reflect needs-based assessments for students’ IEPs.
- Review and analyze the data on a routine basis with relevant staff (i.e., program director, teachers, related service providers, etc.).
- Consult with team members regarding behavior plans, curriculum modifications, accommodations, related services, and social skill training.
- Provide behavioral reports to IEP team members and others who have been approved to access data.
- Record and maintain accurate data/records per standards set forth for the client’s source of payment (i.e. insurance, local lead agency, etc.).
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) or Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA)
Experience and competencies in Verbal Behavior and Skill Acquisition
Experience in providing 1:1 ABA therapy in home, school, or community based settings
Experience with creating and implementing behavior plans or developing IEPs or IFSPs with behavioral focus
Experience with interventions for children with ASD and/or additional behavioral challenges
Eligible for licensure to practice as a BCBA or BCaBA in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Experience working with the pediatric population (preferred, not required)
- Experience working the children with autism spectrum disorders and/or other developmental disorders (preferred, not required)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States of America
- Competitive pay rates
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time, employed positions only)
- 401k Retirement Plan (full-time, employed positions only)
- Vacation Days, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays (full-time, employed positions only)
- Direct Deposit
- Reimbursement for Continuing Education
- Reimbursement for Licensure Fees
- Gas Mileage Reimbursement
How to Apply
Submit the following materials to Kristen Barker via email email@example.com or mail (175 Deer Run Road, Danville, Virginia 24540). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Current Resume
- Documentation of Current Board Certification as a BCBA
- Current State License Information (Number, State and Expiration Date)
- Names and Contact Information for 3 References
- Earliest Available Start Date
- Status Requested: Full-Time or Part-Time
- Location Requested: Danville, Martinsville, South Boston, or Lynchburg, Virginia
- Minimum Annual Salary or Hourly Rate Requirements
For more information, please explore our website or feel free to contact us at 434.797.5530. We look forward to assisting you in finding an optimal career!