We are looking for a dynamic individual to provide office assistance for our pediatric therapy staff. This is a part time position, up to 29 hours per week. Benefits are not provided.
Individual is responsible for the clinical administrative functions of patient intake, scheduling, and insurance authorization, registration, etc. Additional office responsibilities include filing charts, chart audits, faxing vital information, disseminating faxes/messages/etc.
Individual is also responsible for assisting Licensed Clinical Staff with patient sessions, maintaining supplies, maintaining overall cleanliness of the treatment areas, etc.
- Maintains a friendly and welcoming relationship with all patients and clients, as well as physicians, nurses, early intervention professionals, and fellow CPT employees.
- Completes new patient intakes including all necessary demographic and insurance information.
- Secures patient insurance information to ensure benefits are verified prior to the patient’s initial evaluation.
- Obtains and monitors all necessary authorizations and pre-certifications as required by insurance provider.
- Provides patient caregivers with a copy of the Financial Policy and ensures each caregiver is aware and understands the Financial Policy.
- Completes tasks of therapist aide duties, as provided in Therapist Aide Checklist, and as assigned per Clinical Manager
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
- Strong team player
- Strong initiative
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Timely decision making
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
Education: High school degree or equivalent
Experience: Experience in a health care office setting preferred
To apply, email resume and list of 3 professional references to Kristen Barker, Executive Director, at email@example.com.