The Behavior Technician will provide one-on-one behavioral services to a student at Building Blocks Center for Children with Autism, a division of the Center for Pediatric Therapies.
Hours: Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
Reports to: Director of Education
The specific role of the RBT is to provide 1:1 behavior intervention including daily data collection. RBTs are responsible for implementing child specific Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) programs as written by the Behavior Analyst.
We are looking for dependable individuals to join our team. We are seeking someone with a passion to help children affected by autism ages 2-14. Employees will receive regular trainings on evidence-based practices and Applied Behavior Analysis. Applicants must be energetic, dependable and willing to learn. Applicants must be willing to put the needs of the students first.
Additional qualifications include:
- Must hold a minimum of an associate’s degree from an accredited school or two years of coursework in a related field
- Must be committed to a one year employment contract
- Must be able to independently and repeatedly lift, move and carry objects weighing up to fifty (50) pounds and sit on the floor with the children
- Must hold a valid Virginia driver’s license
- Must have a minimum of two years experience working with children
- Education related to special education strongly preferred
- Experience working with children with autism strongly preferred
- Legally authorized to work in the United States of America
- Training opportunities to reach RBT Certification available
How to Apply
Submit the materials listed below to Sue Bagbey via email (email@example.com) or mail (175 Deer Run Road, Danville, Virginia 24540). Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Emailed documents must be formatted as a PDF or Microsoft Word (.doc).
- Letter of interest, including earliest available start date
- Current resume with relevant experience
- Names and contact information for three references, including at least one educational and one professional
For more information, please explore the Building Blocks Center for Children with Autism website or contact Sue Bagbey at 434.797.5531 or firstname.lastname@example.org.